Shine bright in Chatham with a full-time Customer Service job at Discover Financial Services! Our partners at Discover are looking for full-time Inbound Customer Service Representatives to join their new South Side Call Center.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Discover a brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Their collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. They want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. Discover values what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Build your future while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Handle routine customer service inquiries and problems for one to three call type functions via telephone, digital or chat channels through effective communication and problems solving skills. These routine customer service inquiries require the use of standard screens, scripts and procedures.
- Navigate a computerized system for responding and/or troubleshooting to customer questions. Must have excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills, as well as being comfortable with multi-tasking, as needed.
How You’ll Do It
- Assists over 100+ customers per day by energetically engaging in a fast-paced, back-to-back call environment via phone, online or chat
- Brings empathy to customer inquiries about reward redemptions, customer information updates, card activations, making payments, processing lost or stolen cards, statement and APR inquires, and processes credit line increase and decrease requests
- Utilizes multiple systems to respond to, troubleshoot and document customer inquiries
- Leverages 2 standard screens, verbatim scripts and procedures
- Builds the Discover Financial brand by providing industry-leading care and innovative solutions
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, as needed, to get the job don
Bonus Points If You Have
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in related field
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.