This is a fast-paced position in our growing E-Commerce unit that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying groceries that typically weigh 15 – 50 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction, driving skills and must be able to work independently while making deliveries. Qualified candidates must have a valid Driver License issued within the state they live and are expected to comply with appearance guidelines and wear company-provided shirts.
• Excellent customer service skills
• One year of experience driving a van or truck preferred
• Flexible work availability preferred
• Excellent driving and route mapping skills
• Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no unconventional piercing(s). Well-trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
• Valid driver’s license with a history of no suspensions or at fault accidents within the last three years, no DUI/DWI within the past seven years, and no more than one moving violation within the last three years.
• Twenty-One years of age or older
• Medical examination certificate required in the state of IL.
• Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
• Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes from ground level to overhead
• Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
• Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and additional job duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ALBERTSONS AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Albertsons has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
Compensation and Benefits:
Jewel-Osco offers competitive pay, interactive hands-on training, associate discount, excellent benefits, 401k, paid vacation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Jewel-Osco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment Drug Screening Required.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.