Program Overview: Guest Services Representative – Navy Pier (Winter Wonderfest)
Play a key role in maintaining guest safety and satisfaction as a Guest Experience Representative at Navy Pier’s Winter Wonderland. These part-time seasonal positions include competitive pay rates, flexible hours for students, and advancement opportunities.
Hiring Company – Navy Pier’s Winter Wonderfest
Recently named one of America’s “newest and grandest public spaces,” Navy Pier is a top-attended nonprofit destination in the Midwest, stretching more than six city blocks. Originally opened in 1916 as a shipping and recreation facility, this 102-year-old Chicago landmark showcases more than 50 acres of parks, restaurants, attractions, retail shops, sightseeing and dining cruise boats, exposition facilities and more along Lake Michigan.
Established as a nonprofit in 2011, Navy Pier (NP) is a world-class public place that celebrates and showcases the vitality of Chicago and provides for the enjoyment of over 9.2M annual guests. Navy Pier is managed within a business framework that provides for its long-term financial stability and is being transformed into a contemporary, environmentally responsible urban space.
600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- Open availability preferred (Mon thru Sun 10 AM-9 PM)
- Flexible hours for student schedules
Guest Experience Representative
- Pleasantly greets and assists guests in person or by phone and provides info and directions related to Navy Pier and/or City of Chicago info.
- Handles guest complaints, concerns or compliments and reports to management as directed.
- Works at various Guest Services locations throughout Navy Pier during operating hours and as seasonal needs require.
- Welcoming and greeting guests, ensuring guest safety and satisfaction during their visit.
- Complete ride certification test corrected to 100% proficiency.
- The safe loading and unloading of all guests. Performing safety checks on all restraint systems.
Guest Experience Courtesy Shuttle Driver
- It also works the requirements of the Guest Services Representative.
- Drives 8-15 passenger shuttles onsite between 3 Navy Pier pick-up/drop-off points on Navy Pier property.
- Cheerfully provides verbal information to guests about Navy Pier businesses and events while operating. Performing safety checks on all restraint systems.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 16+ years of age
- No experience required
- A great attitude is a must
- Photo ID and resume must be submitted
- Strong work ethic
- Consistent and punctual
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages ($13.00)
- Advancement opportunities
- CTA accessible
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.