The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for assisting Physicians, Mid-Level Practitioners, and Registered Nurses with the evaluation, management, and treatment of patients in an ambulatory care setting. The Certified Medical Assistant assumes responsibility for maintaining patient flow, the upkeep of exam and treatment rooms, and performing basic skills such as vital signs and point of care testing.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
Rush is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the people and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, and research and community partnerships. The Rush system comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College.
- The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting Physicians, Mid-Level Practitioners, and Registered Nurses with the evaluation, management, and treatment of patients in an ambulatory care setting
- The Medical Assistant assumes responsibility for maintaining patient flow, the upkeep of exam and treatment rooms, and performing basic skills such as vital signs and point of care testing
- The Medical Assistant will administer intramuscular injections, immunizations, and over-the-counter medications under the direction of a Physician
- Will function in dual administrative front desk role as a backup when necessary
Position Qualifications Include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Current Medical Assistant Certification by AAMA, AMT, NHA, or NCCT required
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program preferred
- Current CPR Certification required
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Minimum of two years clinical experience preferred
- Previous surgical experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.