Rush University Medical Center is a fast-paced environment, and the Clinic Coordinator plays a vital role in scheduling and organizing the patient check-in and check-out process. Excellent organization and communication skills are required, along with two or more year’s medical office experience.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
- Rush’s 14-story hospital — opened in January 2012 — is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
- Three-time Magnet facility
- Leading academic medical center and acute-care hospital
- Conveniently located within walking distance of Blue Line Illinois Medical District stop
- Provide clinical activities including scheduling, message taking, greeting patients and check-in/out process
- Manage the referral and insurance authorizations
- Collect payment for services, post payments in EPIC system and reconciles end of day reports
- Schedule, cancel and update patient appointments, procedures and surgeries
- Make appointment reminder calls and get pre-authorization when needed
- Maintain and retrieve medical records and follow office protocol
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework highly preferred
- Have interest in working in a healthcare facility with experience in a clinical environment
- Detailed oriented – sensitivity to healthcare records/information of patients
- Enjoys working with patients of varies ages
- Has worked in healthcare software systems such as EPIC
- Interested in working for an academic & mission driven organization
- Demonstrates great customer services skills
- Weekend availability required
- Day and evening hours
Compensation and Benefits
- $15.00-$15.90 per hour
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Wellness plan
- 401K retirement plan
- Life and accident insurance
- 529 college saving plan