The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks, in addition to demonstrating the ability to care for patients of all ages in the clinical setting.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
Rush is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the people and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, and research and community partnerships. The Rush system comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College.
- Assists the RN in the delivery of patient care.
- Transports patients and (other) items as needed.
- Competently utilizes technology.
- Maintains a safe and orderly, well equipped environment.
- Demonstrates a professional work style in interactions with internal and external customers
- This is a representative description of duties for the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties which may be required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Prior formal clinical training is required. This may include CMA, CNA, PCT, EMT, corpsman, paramedic, nursing or medical student experience.
- Prior clinical experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Successful completion of the institutional screening examination is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
1653 W Congress Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60612
Compensation and Benefits:
Rush offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
Rush is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.