Hiring Company: Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 25,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
Position: Internal Audit – Internship
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Execute Sarbanes-Oxley walkthroughs and testing; document work papers and conclusions supported by evidence
- Assist the team in executing store and DC audits
- Execute audit procedures to test compliance with policies and procedures and provide support for audit conclusions
- Effectively summarize audit findings in work papers, memos, presentations and audit reports
- Prepare and present written, oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise and accurate manner for distribution to management
- Follow-up on audit findings to ensure management has taken corrective action(s) to remediate identified control and process weaknesses/risks
- Participate in special projects as needed
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.
DISCLAIMER—The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
Our 10- week paid internship program (June-August) is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals. Interns have the potential to grow their careers with Ulta Beauty, as many intern alum are now full time associates.
Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office
- Exposure to other business areas (e.g., store & distribution center tours) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy
- Breakfast & Business sessions to learn about various department’s business functions from their respective leaders
- Professional development sessions and networking opportunities
- Intern alum panel
- Volunteer opportunity & social outings
- Luncheons with C-Suite Executives
- Final presentation of project findings and recommended course of action to executives
Location : Bolingbrook, IL
Compensation : Competitive compensation
Position Type : Full-time; Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5:30 PM