As a Customer Service Associate, you are the face of Walgreens – the person who helps fulfill our mission of making people’s lives a little easier. It’s a great introduction to the Walgreens organization, with opportunities to excel in this position for years to come or explore a variety of opportunities.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walgreens)
Founded over a century ago in 1901, we have a rich and colorful history of continuous improvement and innovation at Walgreens. From inventing the world’s first chocolate malted milkshake to the creation of one of the most popular and sophisticated mobile applications in retail shopping today, we have transformed ourselves into a leader within the retail and drug industry.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Registers sales on assigned cash register, provides customers with courteous, fair, friendly, and efficient checkout service.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until satisfied, etc.).
- Provides customers with courteous, friendly, fast, and efficient service.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register, collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids, returns, rain checks, refunds, and exchanges as needed.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised, takes inventory, and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
- Implements Company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Constructs and maintains displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Provides customer service in the photo area, including digital passport photo service, poster print and creative machine, suggestive sell of promotional photo products.
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities (monitors orders in Picture Care Plus, fills orders (pick items), delivers orders to customers as they arrive at store).
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
Salary and Benefit Information
- Hourly wages.
- Cross training and career growth opportunities.
- Employee discount.
- Various Chicago locations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.