Apply now to Walgreens’ Pharmacy Technician and Shift Lead Program where you will earn full-time hours, benefits, and advanced education at no cost to you.
Walgreens is partnering with Skills to offer an opportunity to begin your career as a full-time Shift Lead or Pharmacy Technician and move through a career trajectory while earning postsecondary credits. You will receive the necessary training to advance within the organization while guaranteeing 30+ hours/week, full-time benefits, and a great opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Program Overview: Walgreens Pharmacy Tech and Shift Lead Apprenticeship Program
Through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, Walgreens is giving applicants of all ages the opportunity to work full-time (30+ hrs/week) at Walgreens while pursuing advanced, postsecondary education, at no cost.
Upon completion of the program, participants are ready for long-term success at Walgreens and will continue their career path into store management and beyond!
Working at Walgreens:
- Be an indispensable asset to store staff
- Develop and enhance your leadership abilities
- Be a liaison between management and non-management team members
- Be a key part in ensuring the execution of extraordinary customer care
- Communicate tasks from the store manager
- Coach on warehouse and vendor orders
- Handle day-to-day cash functions
- Possess the tools and guidance to lead team members and support store management
- Serve in a vital role on our front-end team
- Enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly
- Retrieving, counting, and pouring pharmaceutical drugs
- Verifying medicine is correct and checking for possible interactions
- Assists pharmacists in scheduling, inventory, and maintaining workflow.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on the assigned cash register, collect, and handles cash as required
- Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require the personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples from patients and other clinical services as required
- Assists in stocking Pharmacy with adequate supplies, clean, neat, and orderly in condition and appearance
Benefits, Training, and Personal Development:
- Internal Management Certifications
- Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Weekly Professional Development with Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
- Medical/Dental Care
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Employee Discount
- Willing to work a flexible schedule – nights, weekend, holidays – while also studying to complete a Pharm Tech Cert. exam
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
- High School Diploma or GED
- City of Chicago resident
- One year of retail or customer service experience
SHIFT LEAD: Experience as a keyholding retail employee or management
Locations: Apply to inquire
I’m interested, what do I do now?
- Apply through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills).
- Skills will then guide qualified applicants through various enrollment and application processes.
- If you’re interested in this life-changing program, click ‘Apply’ below!
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.