Are you a young adult that’s unsure of your career path? Ideally, you’d like to join a company with career development support as well as opportunities for advancement to managerial positions and beyond.
Walgreens is offering just that – an opportunity to begin your career trajectory by providing you with the necessary training to advance within the organization, offering great flexibility for personal and professional growth. To top it off, you’ll receive your Associate’s degree at no cost to you.
Read below to learn more about starting your career path to success:
Program Overview: Walgreens Management & Associates Degree Program
A part of Beyond the Diploma, a Skills for Chicagoland’s Future initiative focused on Chicago’s young adult job seekers, this program gives 18-26-year-olds the opportunity to work full -time at Walgreens while pursuing their Associate’s degree at Harold Washington College at no cost to them .
Upon completion of the two-year program, participants are ready for long-term success at Walgreens and will continue their career path into store management and beyond!
Working at Walgreens:
As a Shift Lead, you will…
- Be an indispensable asset to our store staff
- Develop and enhance your leadership abilities
- Be a liaison between management and non-management team members
- Be a key part in ensuring the execution of extraordinary customer care
- Communicate tasks from the store manager
- Coach on warehouse and vendor orders
- Handle day-to-day cash functions
- Possess the tools and guidance to lead team members and support store management
- Serve in a vital role on our front-end team
Training & Personal Development Opportunities:
- Internal management certifications
- PTCB certification
- Medical/Dental care
- Employee discount
- Flexible hours
- Holidays, Nights, Weekends
External Basic Qualifications:
- One year of prior retail experience as a retail key carrier or shift leader
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer knowledge of store inventory control
Location – Chicago, IL (Various locations)
Attending Harold Washington College:
Harold Washington College is a City College of Chicago conveniently located in downtown Chicago . Participants will work towards an Associate’s degree at no cost to them – Walgreens will cover tuition, books, and transportation expenses.
The Process: I’m interested, what do I do now?
- Apply through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills).
- Skills will then guide qualified applicants through various enrollment and application processes.
If you’re interested in this life-changing program, click ‘Apply’ below!
Program participants will receive support and resources throughout the program from mentors and guidance staff. Additionally, program participants will be interacting with each other and operating as a cohort, providing peer relationships and team building.
- High school diploma/GED
- City of Chicago resident
- Qualified to pursue Harold Washington College’s associate degree program
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.