Wintrust Bank is opening a new branch in the North Lawndale, Chicago neighborhood!
We are looking to hire a Full-time Teller. The teller is typically the first person the customer encounters when they walk into a bank. Tellers process a variety of routine financial transactions (check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, loan payments, etc.) and accurately balance these transactions while maintaining friendly and positive relationships with customers and coworkers. This is an entry level position and is the first step towards a banking career for many employees.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and bank personnel in the lobby or drive up.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Develop skills to recognize potential fraud and report to management as necessary. Comply with all department, bank and regulatory policies and procedures. Uphold established Wintrust culture.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing and may be required to participate in community events.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in cash handling or customer service
- High school degree or equivalent
- Travel between branches may be necessary
- Must be available to work all shifts including Saturdays
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Founded in 1991 with the idea to be the alternative to the big banks, Wintrust has since grown into a financial services company with more than $36 billion in assets, headquartered in Rosemont, Illinois. Through our multiple companies and divisions, we provide traditional community banking and commercial banking services, wealth management solutions, commercial and life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, and short-term accounts receivable financing and certain administrative services, such as data processing of payrolls, billing, and treasury management services. We provide community-oriented personal and business banking services to customers located in the greater Chicagoland area, northwest Indiana, and southern Wisconsin through more than 175 community bank locations.
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we’re active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can “Have it All” with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran. We request applicants refrain from disclosing current or historical compensation information during the recruitment process; any disclosed detail will not be taken into account as applicants are considered for employment.