Worldwide Flight Services is looking for Warehouse Cargo Agents a. Join one of the world’s leading ground handling organizations by applying today!
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
WFS (Worldwide Flight Services) is one of the world’s leading ground handling organisations, providing high quality cargo, passenger, premium, ramp, baggage and technical services across a network spanning over 175 locations in more than 22 countries on five continents
WAREHOUSE CARGO AGENT JOB DESCRIPTION (FULL-TIME):
Under general supervision, this employee performs duties related to the handling, counting, receipting for pick-up, transfer and delivery of all cargo (which includes mail, express, baggage, freight to and from airmail facilities, other carriers, customer warehouses and various Company facilities). Receives cargo from and releases cargo to consignors, consignees, brokers, agents, truckers, etc., including checking, counting, receipting and loading and unloading connected therewith. Handles warehouse cargo, including handling, moving, stacking, stamping, weighing, measuring, labeling, etc., and constructing and dismantling when necessary. Performs duties related to the loading and unloading of aircraft and trucks, including the removal of tie down gear, and other related equipment. This employee checks cargo and makes proper notations of tallies or other necessary documents and segregates in accordance with Company procedures. Releases cargo in accordance with Company procedures. Operates and checks Company vehicles and mechanized loading equipment in accordance with Company procedures in performance of above duties. Receives, delivers and handles shipments carried to or from the country by customers. The Cargo Agent is to assume responsibility in performing daily equipment preventive maintenance and safety checks.
Drives Company operated automotive equipment for transporting personnel, baggage, and freight to and from points on or off the airport; loads and unloads baggage and material transported; cleans, arranges for servicing and maintaining assigned vehicle. Works under the close supervision of Super Lead in the performance of above-mentioned duties. Cooperates with the Company in maintaining a neat and orderly office, warehouse, and counter area, including the removal of snow and ice from walkways and truck docks. Cooperates with the Company in maintaining and improving performance standards in accordance with Company established standards of performance measurements required by the airline customer and agreed upon by the Company. Cooperates with the Company in improving productivity standards in accordance with established Company productivity measurements and requirements. Comply with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations. Remain cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors’ activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program.
- Ability to handle the stress of a fast-paced eight-hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive all cargo handling equipment.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays, and days off. Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.
SHIFTS: (40 HRS. PER WEEK)
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm $14.15/hour
- 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm $16.00/ hour
- 12:00 am – 8:30 am – $17.00 /hour
SALARY AND BENEFIT INFORMATION
- FULL-TIME, Direct Placement
- There is work available on the morning and afternoon shift pays $14.15/hour. If you have the ability to work the overnight shift, you can earn $17.00/hr. Each shift including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays, and days off.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, short-term, long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness and accident insurance after 90 days
LOCATION – 514 Express Center Drive. Chicago, Illinois 60666 (on the southwest corner of Montrose and Mannheim Road in Chicago, right on the O’Hare campus)