Join Blue Cross Blue Shield’s fast-growing team as they gear up for a new Morgan Park launch! Blue Cross Blue Shield is now hiring full time Claims Technician team members.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Blue Cross Blue Shield/HCSC)
For more than 80 years, HCSC has been dedicated to expanding access to high-quality, cost-effective health care and equipping our members with information and tools to make the best health care decisions for themselves and their families. As an industry leader, HCSC also has been helping to make the health care system work better for all Americans. To remain a leader, we offer compelling careers that encourage resourcefulness, strategic thought and empower you to make a difference in the lives of our members and their communities.
Overview of Position
This position is responsible for processing complex paper and electronically submitted claims that require further investigation; and coding, resolving pended claims and processing adjustments.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1 year of claims/membership experience.
- Data entry and/or typing experience.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Referral preference given to applicants able to take and meet testing criteria.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT, HCPCS, and ICD9 coding.
- Knowledge of coordination of benefits principles and terminology
- Experience with multi-tasking and prioritizing.
- Experience processing medical claims.
- Must have trained on the six-eight week Blue Chip claims processing system, or have the ability to fully complete the six-eight week Blue Chip Training class.
*This is a union position*
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.