Join Walmart’s fast-growing team! Walmart is now hiring a Community Healthcare Specialists to work in its healthcare clinics.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walmart)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With the fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
What you’ll do
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better – and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
Role for Community Health Specialist Highlights
- Provides health resources and programs to customers by meeting patients and conducting needs assessments
- Assisting patients to develop health management plans and goals
- Connecting customers with community resources (for example, senior centers, homeless shelters, food pantries)
- Helping customer fill out applications for benefits (for example, insurance, food stamps)
- Assisting customers with organizing personal matters (for example, financial and health records, scheduling appointments, getting prescriptions filled)
- Utilizing electronic databases to document and maintain records of customer encounters and interactions.
- Working with customers to meet their health goals by contacting clients in person, by phone, or in writing to ensure they have completed required or recommended actions
- Conducting interviews and providing coaching to identify and troubleshoot barriers and connect to additional resources as needed
- Providing feedback to health service providers regarding improving service accessibility or acceptability
- Working with state and federal public health programs to improve resources, services, and programs
- Increases awareness and utilization of resources, services, and programs by conducting outreach for medical personnel or health organizations to implement programs in the community that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health
- Continuously expanding knowledge and understanding of community resources, services, and programs
- Working with other community healthcare workers to create a directory of community resources
- Conducting group presentations and health screenings within the health center and community settings
- Collaborating with behavioral health and physical health care team regarding patients’ problems and needs
- Attending community meetings, health fairs, and community advisory committee meetings to understand community issues or build relationships with community members.
- 2 years experience in community outreach, customer service, social service, or related field
- 2 years experience working in a professional environment
- 1 year experience working autonomously with minimal supervision
- Successful completion of Community Health Worker certification within 60 days of hire
- Knowledge of health resources in the local area’s community
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Join our community
We offer a competitive package including salary, annual bonus potential, benefits, and more! The transformation Walmart is making to the way health care is delivered at affordable, transparent pricing will impact individuals and communities for years to come — this is a chance to be part of something special! The opportunities presented by applying our resources and commitment to an area like H&W is limitless…. impacting the lives of consumers… saving them money and helping them live better. You really can make a difference!
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.