There is a coming need for Contact Tracers to support Illinois’ phased approach to combat the spread of COVID-19. If you are interested in joining this essential group and supporting these efforts, please apply and Skills’ team will update you as these roles begin to open with local health and government organizations. Please note, interview and hiring timelines will vary for this role.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The Contact Tracer will use a web-based client resource management (CRM) platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided, and comply with all mandated training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
The goal of the Contact Tracers task force will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every associated contact in the state. This is in tandem with other efforts to control the pandemic in Illinois.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM.
- Provide contacts with approved information about Illinois quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Contact tracers will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Illinois Resident preferred and familiarity with Illinois geography; cities/towns/locations required
To fulfill the requirements for this role, all applicants must have the following:
- Computer: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos
- Personal mobile phone/device. A headset is preferred