G4S is now hiring part time Flex Security Officers at their clients across multiple Chicago locations.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (G4S)
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Custom Protection Flex Officer. As a Custom Protection Flex Officer, you will conduct armed and/or unarmed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior).Â Additional duties include: control access and egress; monitor CCTV and alarm systems; compose reports; deter criminal activity and misconduct.Â The Custom Protection Flex Officer will work at various assignments and may be called upon to work irregular shifts at times with little to no advance notice.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities; maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
Must possess one or more of the following
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and respond to work assignments with little to no advance notice.
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Must have demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
- Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
- Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.