Experience a perfect blend of deliberate purpose and clear-eyed vision. At Ulta Beauty, some of the industry’s most highly-esteemed beauty leaders share themselves, as well as their expertise. Building authentic community.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. Ulta Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. Ulta Beauty, through its stores and ulta.com, offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. Founded in 1990 and headquartered near Chicago, Ulta Beauty employs more than 16,000 associates.
Position Summary: Hair Stylist
On a daily basis, you’ll have the opportunity to display your artistry in ways that draw out the potential in all guests—delighting them with the newest trends and ideas, enhancing their esteem, and setting them loose to conquer their worlds.You’ll accomplish all of this by:
- Building personal and professional rapport with all guests
- Providing professional product recommendations as part of all services
- Meeting/exceeding all individual sales and productivity goals
- Attending mandatory educations events and workshops
- Assisting in store duties (e.g., filling Salon retail displays and shelves.)
- Adhering to all Salon standards for guest service and cleanliness
- Attending manager led monthly business development meetings to support personal business growth
- Demonstrating your personal style (while adhering to the Ulta Beauty dress code)
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will be 18+ years-old with a Cosmetology diploma and license (no relevant work experience is necessary). Additional requirements include:
- Proficiency with latest salon techniques
- Proficiency with equipment needed to perform technical work
- An engaging personality to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to walk
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to reach with hands and arms
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand for a minimum of 4 hours
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 lbs.
- On an occasional basis, requires the ability to climb a ladder and balance
- On a frequent basis, requires the ability to stoop, kneel and crouch
Location: Various stores in the Chicagoland area
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.