The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks, in addition to demonstrating the ability to care for patients of all ages in the clinical setting.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Northwestern Medicine
Northwestern Medicine is the shared strategic vision of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine to transform the future of healthcare and become one of the nation’s premier destinations for patient care. Each day, more than 27,500 clinical and administrative staff, medical and science faculty and medical students come together with a shared commitment to superior quality, academic excellence, scientific discovery and patient safety.
- The Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center has expanded biomedical research at the Feinberg School of Medicine and Prentice Women’s Hospital, opened in late 2007, is a state-of-the-art facility supporting patient-focused care in an environment of comfort, privacy and comprehensive care for patients, families and visitors.
- Northwestern earned “Top 100 Hospital” in 2011 from over 3,000 hospitals nationwide.
- Recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) performs a variety of clinical and environmental tasks under the direction of the Registered Nurse. The PCT duties are of a technical nature requiring specialized training and skill. The PCT demonstrates the ability to care for patients of all ages in the clinical setting.
- Assists the RN in the delivery of patient care.
- Transports patients and (other) items as needed.
- Competently utilizes technology.
- Maintains a safe and orderly, well equipped environment.
- Demonstrates a professional work style in interactions with internal and external customers
- This is a representative description of duties for the position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties which may be required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Current CPR required.
- Prior formal clinical training is required. This may include CNA or PCT experience.
- Prior clinical experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Successful completion of the institutional screening examination is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work requires the ability to walk throughout the Medical Center and to be standing or walking most of the designated shift.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
Compensation and Benefits
Northwestern Medicine offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.