NorthShore is currently seeking a Logistical Support Representative for their Evanston center. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked a Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Evanston, Illinois, NorthShore comprises five hospitals (Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie and Swedish), 140 Medical Group and Specialty Care offices, and more than 3,000 physicians, serving over 635,000 patients. The organization supports academics and research as the principal teaching affiliate for the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Recognized for nursing excellence, NorthShore is a Magnet designated organization–the first system in Illinois to receive this prestigious honor. NorthShore has an established reputation and employs over 12,500 people.
What you will need:
- Education: High school diploma or GED is required.
- Certification/Licensure: A valid Class D CDL driver’s license. Must have held a valid driver’s license for 3 years prior to the date of application. Must have a good driving record subject to State driver motor vehicle verification to comply with Hospital insurance requirements within three (3) years of date or application or promotion
- Experience: 6 months of experience in supply chain roles preferred
What you will do:
- Be responsible for performing all functions and duties associated with the pick-up, delivery, and transport of materials including supplies, equipment, employees, etc. between hospitals, offices, and businesses.
- Drive a vehicle to and from Evanston to Glenbrook and Evanston to Highland Park to deliver said materials.
- Help out in receiving and mailroom.
- Perform all duties in relation to the receipt and distribution of incoming supplies and parcels, and prepare outgoing shipments.
When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.