This position will provide continuous observation and surveillance of patients as well as assist in overseeing staff.
- Maintains visual observation of patient(s). Verbally redirects patients from engaging in any at risk behaviors. If this is not successful, incumbents will summon floor staff to assist.
- Monitors Occupant/Patient medical condition by obtaining and recording Patient Symptom Report:
- Change in Symptoms (Fever, Cough, body aches, respiratory condition)
- Urinary output
- Participates in the collaborative identification and reporting of patient health/safety issues in accordance with policies and procedures
- Collaborates with co-workers to create a safe environment for patients. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to appropriate staff members.
- Answers patient questions within scope of practice and directs other questions to appropriate floor staff.
- Maintains patient dignity and privacy, to the extent possible.
- Provides excellent customer service: Demonstrates professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Supports the mission, goals, policies, and standards of patient care and nursing.
- Medical Center and unit policies and work rules are recognized, supported and implemented.
- Provides for the age specific needs of the population served according to department standards and policies/procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Nursing School (Finished in a program)
- Basic Life Support
- Ability to complete assigned task by meeting quality standards in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities
- Ability to use time efficiently and plan for additional resources
- Ability to effectively communicate with different personalities
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures
- Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent periods of moderate noise
- Ability to walk, stand, and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use hands to finder, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- LPN/ RN/ Nursing Graduate
- BLS certification is required within 90 days of hire or transfer date
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Nursing program completion required. 1 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical/Mental Requirements and Typical Working Conditions:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death
- Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex materials or appropriate substitute if required for your position
- Work in an isolation center for individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, but who do not require hospitalization
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without assisted device(s)
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.