Are you a highly self-motivated, confident person with a collaborative attitude and strong communication skills? Do you have exceptional organization and prioritization skills? Do you thrive in fast-paced, innovative environments? If you answered “yes,” apply to this Office Manager role today!
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Role: Manager, Office Experience
We are looking for an Office Manager to provide extensive support to the company’s Central Territory in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. As a part of our Office Management Team, you will be instrumental in ensuring our employee and client experience is top notch. You will own the first impression that all guests and team members have with the company.
- Coordinate with senior stakeholders in our Chicago office to execute our hybrid work strategy and ensure smooth office reopen & support in post-COVID world
- Identify and implement hot desking software to coordinate hybrid employees
- Research and benchmark other organization’s office reopen strategy to ensure compliance with legislation and best practices
- Collaborate with B-corp team to reevaluate office management vendor partners
- Establish relationship and act as main point of contact with building management
- Organize, update and schedule meetings across multiple time zones
- Work closely with other members of our Office Experience (OX) Team to ensure consistency across our regions and offices
- Ensure guests and team members are comfortable and suited with what they need in the office space
- Assist with onsite events and general meeting logistics including finding a location, ordering food, attending event or meeting to providing support, preparing materials, and other needs to ensure a successful meeting or event
- Manage branding and office design aesthetics to reflect global brand
- Complete and submit expense reports
- Communicate directly with clients or client Executive Assistants to facilitate meetings, always maintaining an executive presence and high level of professionalism
- Manage email, phone, including interpreting requests and assist in implementing action
- Drive various projects, including following up on action items in a timely manner
- Assist the Operations Team with any other general administrative needs
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles. That’s why we’ve outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it’s important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 5+ years of experience in office management
- Extremely organized and have high attention to detail
- Communication skills have always been your strong suit – both verbal and written
- Strong sense of urgency and able to take initiative
- Approachable and dependable
- Experienced managing frequently changing and complex calendars
- Work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with conflicting and changing priorities
- Time management comes natural to you
- Willingness to approach tasks with a spirit of collaboration in order to problem solve with peers and clients
- Consider yourself technically savvy and are proficient specifically with MS Office, Keynote, Google Apps and other Apple/Mac software
- Anticipation – you constantly look ahead to identify and navigate roadblocks before they escalate
- Able to see the company’s overarching strategic goals and prioritize office requests and availability of executives to align with these initiatives
- Experienced preparing materials for client or internal meetings, including finalizing presentations or other peripherals necessary
Schedule: Full-time, permanent
Compensation: Competitive compensation + comprehensive benefits
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.