Join Walmart’s fast-growing team! Walmart is now hiring an X-Ray Tech to work in its healthcare clinics.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walmart)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With the fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
What you’ll do
Walmart, the Fortune #1 Company and the Nation’s largest private employer, is helping people save money and live better – and healthier lives. Walmart strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
Role for Radiology Technologist
- Takes X-ray images of the patient by determining patients’ x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from physicians
- Explaining procedures to patients
- Preparing and setting up x-ray room
- Positioning patient on examining table and setting up/adjusting equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician
- Adjusting controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance
- Reviewing and evaluating developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes
- Developing the films to reveal their bone structures for diagnosis
- Ensure transmission of images to consultant radiologists
- Conserves compliance with the governmental protocols by ensuring the safety of patients and employees by using protective instruments and exercising safety measures
- Using beam-restrictive devices and patient-shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff
- Using radiation safety measures and protection
- Maintains medical and patient records by creating and updating records of patients examined, examinations performed, patient medical histories, views taken, or technical factors used
- Preparing reports summarizing patient diagnostic or care activities
- Managing diagnostic evaluation reports
- Auditing files for completion, legibility, and appropriate charging.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiology OR Associate Degree in OR Applied Science in Radiologic Technology with 2 years’ experience in related area
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
- Licensure as required by the state.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) – Certification
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Join our community
We offer a competitive package including salary, annual bonus potential, benefits, and more! The transformation Walmart is making to the way health care is delivered at affordable, transparent pricing will impact individuals and communities for years to come — this is a chance to be part of something special! The opportunities presented by applying our resources and commitment to an area like H&W is limitless…. impacting the lives of consumers… saving them money and helping them live better. You really can make a difference.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options
- Vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans and more
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.