Are you an experienced RN looking to join a dynamic team working on an established Medical unit? If so, here is your opportunity!
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
Rush is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the people and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, and research and community partnerships. The Rush system comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College.
- Shifts are 12 hour day shifts
- Supportive leadership and staff
- Staff nursing opportunities to participate in research, teaching and other activities for professional development.
- Evidence Based Interventions – Participates in the collection of data to support unit based quality, initiative, research and evidence based activities.
- Relationship and Caring – Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting of optimal outcomes.
- Critical Thinking – Utilizes competent assessment skills to holistically evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of the patients and families.
- Technical Expertise – Demonstrates consistent safe and effective use of medical devices in the delivery of patient care.
- Leadership – Demonstrates the ability to provide education to staff and students on the unit.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse Licensure.
- BSN (or higher) required.
- CPR certification required. ( American Red Cross or American Heart Association only)
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a four-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Ranked among the top 20 “Best Places to Work” by Indeed.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.