We are seeking an experienced, self-directed and highly motivated Respiratory Therapist to join our Respiratory Care team at Rush University Medical Center! We are offering a 6k sign-on bonus , competitive benefits, PTO, and salary. We also offer a clinical ladder, educational incentives, and tuition reimbursement. Come be a part of a double APEX award winning team at Rush University Medical Center where excellence is just the beginning.
ABOUT SKILLS FOR CHICAGOLAND’S FUTURE
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
Rush is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the people and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, and research and community partnerships. The Rush system comprises Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College.
- The Registered Respiratory Therapist provides complex therapeutic and diagnostic procedures on the general care floors and critical care units.
- Improves and maintains patient cardiopulmonary status through the application and administration of various protocols and evidence based medicine guidelines.
- Continuous education offered to staff by top faculty
- Departmental research involvement available
- Full time, fully benefited, 12 hour shifts
- Administers, monitors, and weans mechanical ventilation; makes ventilator adjustments and recommendations based on protocols, clinical and technical assessment.
- Assesses patients clinically before and after the administration or application of any medication, procedure or device; recommends appropriate therapy including initial therapy, changes in therapy, and discontinuance of therapy.
- Applies CPAP and BiPAP and makes recommendations based on patient compliance, response, and laboratory values.
- Assesses patient oxygenation, ventilation, and hemodynamic status through clinical observation, patient assessment, physiologic monitoring including oximetry, capnography, ventilator waveform analysis, and cardiac output, ECG, and laboratory values; provides respiratory care interventions within the scope of the Rapid Response Team, performs CPR.
- Performs bedside spirometry including spontaneous breathing parameters, PEFR, and other limited pulmonary function; identifies normal values for patients. Assists with bedside bronchoscopy, including microbrushing, biopsies, and cytology.
Position Qualifications Include:
- Associate’s degree in respiratory care required. Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in respiratory care preferred.
- Illinois Respiratory Care Practitioner license required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
- RT 1 must pass departmental competencies in critical care
- BLS Healthcare Provider (CPR) certification is required within 4 weeks of hire, ACLS preferred
- Only Double Apex Award Winner for clinical and education
- Nationally recognized and top ranked Master’s program with a generous tuition reimbursement
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 664 licensed beds.
- Ranked among the top 20 best places to work in healthcare by Indeed.
- Rush offers a competitive salary, and valuable healthy living benefits including: health, dental and vision to help you maintain and improve your health. Rush also offers several ways to invest in your future.
- Rush is ranked fifth for Quality and Accountability among 102 leading academic medical centers in the United States in a study conducted by the health care services company Vizient.