Help to provide exceptional service and authentic hospitality in this position with Hyatt! As part of the food and beverage team, you are responsible for delivering outstanding guest service through the serving of food and beverages to guests or assisting with setting and clearing tables. Hyatt employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential. Start your career at Hyatt today!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
You are responsible for providing outstanding guest service. This person must have good communication skills. This is a fast-paced position with continual customer contact. You may be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Promptly clean, empty, and set tables when guests have finished so that tables are ready to receive arriving guests
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards
- Must have full knowledge of beverage offerings
- Take orders and answer questions/offer suggestions on menu selections
- Communicate with culinary team regarding meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverage
- Respond to guests’ questions, complaints, comments, and requests in a courteous and professional manner, or refer to management if necessary
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local, and company regulations
- Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times
- Tidy dining and public areas and complete side work to ready the station for the next shift, enabling wait staff to deliver smooth, attentive guest service
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment, or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for providing exceptional hospitality and for growing within the hospitality industry
- Prior food and beverage, such as in fine dining or a hotel, experience required
- An energetic, reliable team player
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- A great smiling personality and a whatever-it-takes attitude
- The ability to maintain a clean restaurant
- A high level of attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with colleagues and guests
- The ability to frequently stand or bend, as well as lift, carry, and pull up to 50 pounds, for long periods of time
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Hyatt employees are provided with comprehensive benefits, competitive pay, and amazing growth potential.
SCHEDULE: Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
LOCATION: This position will be located at one of the following hotels. Both locations are conveniently accessible by public transit!
- Hyatt Regency Chicago (151 East Wacker Drive, 60601)
- Hyatt Regency McCormick Place (2233 South Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, 60616)
WHY JOIN HYATT
Are you motivated and passionate? Do you have a sense of fun? Are you enthusiastic about serving others and applying your individual creativity at work every day? Whether you are looking for a specific job, an opportunity in a particular destination, or a global career that spans across countries and continents – at Hyatt you are always ‘more than welcome’.
And we touch many lives. There are more than 95,000 Hyatt colleagues in 500-plus properties on six continents; we serve millions of guests annually; and we work with hundreds of hotel owners, managers, suppliers, and community partners. Through our vast network of relationships, we believe we have an opportunity to make a real difference.
Our values – Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun – are our guiding principles and they have shaped our culture over the years. By joining Hyatt, you will have a unique opportunity to experience ‘authentic hospitality’ as one of our colleagues. You will continue to learn new skills and acquire additional knowledge, and develop in your career to fulfill your personal and professional goals.
As a colleague of the Hyatt team, not only will you receive outstanding rewards and recognition, you will also be a part of a larger family. Your team will support your well-being and you will be part of a collaborative work environment.
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.