Join Walmart’s fast-growing team in West Humboldt Park! Walmart is now hiring part-time Maintenance, Sales Associates, Cap Associate/Inventory Associates, Unloaders, or Food Sales Associates to help ensure each customer has a great experience!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying for various retail roles at Walmart in West Humboldt Park through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future during your job search?
Because we’ll be your advocate throughout the hiring process. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers committed to hiring unemployed and underemployed candidates. A member of our Talent Acquisition team interviews every job seeker that matches the role. They also provide applicants with additional insights into the position. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walmart)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
- Fresh Food
- Personal Shopper
- Unloader & Stocking
- Overnight Stock
- Money Center Associate
- Smile, greet and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Operate the POS system
- Answer customer questions and help them with their needs
- Help customers find the products they are looking for
- Pack ready-to-sell products in proper containers and stock displays
- Keep your area stocked, clean, and safe
- Unload trucks and engage vendors and driver with a positive attitude
- Sort products in the backroom, stock products on shelves, and ensure aisles are neat
- Gather carts from the parking lot (if applicable)
- Be available to assist associates across the store as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have open availability, including weekends
- Customer service experience preferred
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds
Schedule: Full-time & Part-time, Various shifts, MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY
Pay rate: $15/hr and up based on the role
Location: 4650 W North Ave, Chicago, IL 60639
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.