Throughout our network of more than 450 HUB offices in North America, HUB offers a competitive, exciting and friendly work environment that strategically positions their employees for longevity and success.
Join us in taking the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and career satisfaction.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: HUB International
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world’s largest insurance brokers, their focus is dedicated to providing their customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be protected — through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put our clients in control. Their growing team of professionals across North America represents a broad, deep and one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
We are the perfect fit if you:
- are seeking a progressive work environment at a rapidly growing organization
- have a desire to help others protect their future
- have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business
- are focused on learning and development to enhance your industry knowledge and expertise
- are a self-starter willing to invest time and energy to learn the technical aspects of our business
- believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others
Job Description: Employee Benefits Account Manager
This role requires an individual who is professional and who displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to build a business. Specifically, the responsibilities of the Account Manager will be to service and maintain existing accounts, while identifying opportunities for increasing business.
- Provides professional and courteous service to clients, carrier representatives, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Interfacing with Account Executives, provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell of HUB products and services when appropriate for the clients’ needs.
- Works independently as well as cooperatively and professionally with Producers and Account Executives to deliver all HUB services to assigned clients throughout the policy cycle. This includes but is not limited to stewardship reports, risk control services, preparation of coverage outlines/proposals, claims reviews, and marketing of emergent and renewal coverage requests.
- Actively participates with account team members in monthly “Top Account” meetings.
- Either directly or cooperatively with HUB colleagues, produces binders, certificates, endorsements and other policy related documents in a timely manner while verifying their accuracy.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes, independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents transactions with clients and carrier representatives, and updates broker management systems as required. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Supports, mentors and trains lower level colleagues, as necessary.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Requisite insurance license.
- Four-year college degree preferred, coupled with at least 2 years of applicable employee benefits experience.
- Strong ability to listen, discern, and prioritize with clients, colleagues and carrier representatives based on a thorough understanding of relevant issues.
- Comprehend and follow instructions; maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods; carry out instructions (written, oral or diagrammatic); adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; respond appropriately to changes in the work setting.
- Above average written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to utilize and be proficient in broker management systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Required Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Required Travel: No Travel Required
- Required Education: Bachelor’s degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
EEOAA Policy at https://hubinternational.jobs/eeo/
E-Verify Program at https://hubinternational.jobs/e-verify/
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 or [email protected] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.