Recent College Grads – start your career now!
As your advocate throughout the hiring process, Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) helps accelerate your career development with long-term growth. We connect you directly to social media jobs for recent graduates at Ulta Beauty.
If you recently completed your Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, then the College to Career program will help launch your career with leading companies. Above all, you can invest in yourself and get a leg up on the competition!
Here are the Program Requirements:
- 0 to 2 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
Experience a perfect blend of deliberate purpose and clear-eyed vision. At Ulta Beauty, some of the industry’s most highly-esteemed beauty leaders share themselves, as well as their expertise. Building authentic community.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills. We’re a nonprofit organization that partners with employers across the Chicagoland area to connect unemployed and underemployed candidates with job opportunities.
Our Talent Acquisition Team interviews each candidate that matches the role, and they provide additional insights into the position and the company. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
Our Guest Services team is seeking Beauty Enthusiasts for our Social Media Representative position. The Social Media Representative is focused on customer service; researching and resolving guest issues and actively engaging with beauty lovers online in our Ulta Beauty social space! The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of the various social media platforms such as, but not limited to: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and posting responses to guests on social networks, engaging in online reviews, participating in online chat services, optimizing our guest’s social media experience using consistent service and quality standards.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to and resolve guest inquiries across social media platforms.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively among peers and leaders
• Effectively exercise cross-functional collaboration skills and partnerships to resolve guest escalations.
• Assist Supervisor by sharing trends observed on social media along with aligned response methods.
• Use Ulta Beauty standards to suggest and align on response verbiage, follow a response playbook, and drive engagement with Ulta Beauty and our brands.
• Manage multiple systems to research, resolve, and document guest service inquiries and log each interaction in the incident management system.
• Meet or exceed service level measures for guest satisfaction (Customer Satisfaction, average response time, quality and accuracy, attendance, etc.), and department productivity standards (e.g. responses per hour).
• Maintain confidentiality of Ulta Beauty response plans and strategies for handling social media conversations and activities
• Remain fluent in Ulta Beauty’s processes and systems used to serve guests across all contact channels in order to serve guests in those channels when needed
• Identify when social media activity requires more coverage and modify your schedule accordingly to support business needs.
• Must be able to work one of the required shifts noted: 1st, 2nd or 3rd Shift
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• High School Diploma; Some College preferred
• 2+ years Customer Service experience or related experience
• Willingness to shift work schedule to cover key promotions and staffing gaps; extra hours/days may be required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge and understanding of Social Media sites and platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
• Adaptability to learn a variety of software programs
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills to develop internal relationships and partnerships with multiple stakeholders
• Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure and complete tasks quickly in a high energy environment
• Problem-solving and creating efficiencies
• Strong sense of ownership and pride in professional deliverables
• Positive attitude, detailed, and customer oriented
• Ability to type a minimum of 45 words-per-minute
• Must be professional and contribute positively to our fast-paced, collaborative office environment
• 24x7x365 operation may require on-premises or remote work based on the work schedule and/or on the weekends, evenings, and holidays