Looking to grow your management skills at a leading Chicagoland retailer? Apply to the Jewel-Osco Store Manager Trainee opportunity today! Trainees are set on a defined career path and receive ongoing professional development, leading them to a management or director position within 3 years. If you’re a natural leader who excels at customer service, apply today!
Recent College Grads – Start your career now
Invest in yourself and get a leg up on the competition!
Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills) is here to help accelerate your pathway into a career with long-term growth potential. Need access to good jobs that actually use your degree? We have partnered with leading companies eager to hire recent graduates like you! If you recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree, no matter the major, we are here to help you start your career in the right direction.
- Priority Access to Jobs: We have jobs for you. We work with leading corporations that are specifically looking to hire recent grads like you in finance, business management, insurance, and sales! The Skills team is also your advocate throughout the hiring process to ensure you’re seen as the priority candidate you are.
- Professional Development: Skills will help ensure your resume is built for the company you want to work at and coach you on how to ace your interview.
- Interview Stipend: Earn some extra cash as a reward for your time!
- 0 to 2 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Jewel-Osco
Jewel began as a band of door-to-door salesmen, selling tea and coffee from the back of horse-drawn wagons. Today, Jewel-Osco is a vital part of Albertsons Inc., a privately held grocery company that is proud to continue serving the Chicagoland area and beyond. At present, Jewel-Osco operates 187 stores throughout the Chicagoland area, Indiana and Iowa, part of a 2,200+ store operation employing over 265,000 people nationwide.
A good neighbor…a warm, welcoming, and caring member of the community speaks to how we want to be part of our neighborhoods. As locals, we value our role in the community, and we take our responsibility to heart. Whether it’s supporting local schools, promoting social responsibility, participating in charitable events or creating great places to work, we’re committed to making a difference. If it’s important to our customers, it’s important to us.
All our stores—no matter under which banner they operate—were founded on the philosophy of offering customers the products they want at a fair price, with lots of tender, loving care. We still open our doors every day today with that core value in mind—and because of it, we run really great stores.
PURPOSE: Provide prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service. Perform operations throughout the store in order to learn the requirements of the job and to assist store management in developing and implementing strategies to achieve maximum sales and earnings.
- Ability to use effective interpersonal and leadership skills to lead a team and train and motivate others
- Desire to develop your management skills and grow as a store director
- Desire to learn the operations of an entire store
- Bachelor’s Degree required
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service by exhibiting care, concern, and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
- Assists customers by:
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers calls promptly when paged, and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking special orders.
- Learns performance standards within all departments.
- Learns how to attain budgeted sales and profit goals of each department.
- Learns how to prepare and complete daily bookwork, record keeping, and documentation required by the Company or the Store Director.
- Learns how to properly merchandise product in each department by understanding and following schematics and the weekly merchandising newsletter(s).
- Learns how to check invoices against delivered products and supplies.
- Learns the standards for conditioning shelves and displays — straightening and facing merchandise.
- Learns how to ensure the cleanliness of all department equipment, displays, and storage areas according to sanitation schedule and standards.
- Learns how to use a SPA gun to order product and maintain accurate inventory count in EOE system.
- Learns how to control inventory through ordering, stocking, rotating products on the shelf, and writing product number on all overstock.
- Learns how to maintain the organization of storage areas according to “5S” standards.
- Learns how to plan and build displays in each department.
- Learns how to prepare a weekly work schedule for each department to ensure adequate coverage and service level while adhering to weekly sales and payroll budgets
- Monitors temperature of all display and storage units for proper product holding.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, Safety and Sanitation regulations, and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
AVERAGE COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 41-week Training: $38,000
- 1-2 Years: $47,000-50,000
- 2 Years: $55,000-65,000
- 3-5 Years: $106,000
Employees also receive a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), PTO, and associate discounts.
LOCATION: Trainees will work in a store close to their residence, with the possibility to move to other locations after training completion. Note: Candidates must be able to commute to Itasca, IL for the interview and, potentially, at other points during training.
SCHEDULE: Trainees must have open availability, including nights, weekends, and holidays.