NorthShore is currently seeking a Supply Chain Operations Specialist for their Skokie center. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked a Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Evanston, Illinois, NorthShore comprises five hospitals (Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie and Swedish), 140 Medical Group and Specialty Care offices, and more than 3,000 physicians, serving over 635,000 patients. The organization supports academics and research as the principal teaching affiliate for the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Recognized for nursing excellence, NorthShore is a Magnet designated organization–the first system in Illinois to receive this prestigious honor. NorthShore has an established reputation and employs over 12,500 people.
- Position: Supply Chain Operations Specialist, Skokie Hospital
- Location: Skokie, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday, first shift, possible weekends
- Required Travel: Travel to and between other Medical Group offices is required
What you will need:
- Education: High school diploma or GED required
- Certification: a valid Class “D” Driver’s License. Must have held a valid driver’s license for three (3) years prior to the date of application. Must have a good driving record subject to State driver motor vehicle verification to comply with hospital insurance requirements. Within three (3) years of date of application or promotion.
- Experience: 2 years of materials management experience preferred. Knowledge of Lawson System and associated handheld preferred
What you will do:
- Assume responsibility and accountability for ordering, maintaining, receiving, and distributing supplies and materials to various hospital departments
- Process all electronically handled purchase orders in the supply management program
- Stock patient care products according to established protocols
- Facilitate orders, receipts, processing and distribution of all inventory specialty and non-stock (stockless) items to the assigned departments
When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into visit www.scfjobs.com.