Join Walmart’s fast-growing team with a retail position in Chatham! Our partners are now hiring for various roles, including food & grocery clerks, replenishment, and personal shoppers.
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why use Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walmart)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
- Personal Shopper
- Smile, greet, and thank customers with a positive attitude
- Operate the POS system
- Answer customer questions and help them with their needs
- Help customers find the products they are looking for
- Pack ready-to-sell products in proper containers and stock displays
- Keep your area stocked, clean, and safe
- Unload trucks and engage vendors and driver with positive attitude
- Sort products in the back room, stock products on shelves, and ensure aisles are neat
- Gather carts from the parking lot (if applicable)
- Be available to assist associates across the store as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have open availability, including weekends
- Customer service experience preferred
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds
Schedule: Full time–Various shifts, MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABLITY
Pay rate: $15/hr and up
Location: Chatham in Chicago, IL (8331 South Stewart, Chicago, IL 60620)
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.