Join Walmart’s fast-growing team as they gear up to meet the increase in demand for essential products! Walmart is now hiring team leads to help ensure each customer has a great experience!
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (Walmart)
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,500 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
A team lead invests a majority of their time in building relationships with team members and making sure they complete daily processes efficiently. Team leads develop their team through continuous feedback and demonstrations. They also lead daily team huddles where they inform associates of work priorities and business needs.
- Leading Others – 50%
- Positively influences team to gain support for new initiatives in the store
- Motivates team to meet goals and perform at high standards
- Ensures team is following proper process and procedure
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork amongst associates
- Prioritizing Daily Work – 25%
- Uses data and policy to make good decisions quickly
- Sets the plan and pace each day and assigns work to team based on priorities and goals
- Follows up with team and assists with task completion as needed
- Developing Others – 25%
- Teaches associates how to find and use tools to improve overall customer experience
- Guides associates who need improvement
- Recognizes associates who perform well and exceed expectations
- Provides in-the-moment feedback
- Minimum Qualifications
- 1 year retail experience
- 18+ years of age
- Preferred Qualifications
- 6 months retail fresh experience
- 6 months supervisory experience
- Certificate of Completion in People and Business Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University
For more information about Skills for Chicagoland’s Future, and to view additional roles Skills is currently placing unemployed/underemployed job seekers into, visit www.scfjobs.com.